We all know that during the week there is never enough time to accomplish everything you need to do. If you are looking for some great freezable ideas for items that you can make in bulk for your week-day litter-free lunchboxes, look no further because we have you covered!
To make our weekday mornings easier, we plan ahead, and aim to include some grain/bread, dairy, protein and fruit and vegetables in our lunchboxes to make a well balanced meal.
Our Favourite Freezable Lunchbox Ideas
- Make a batch of smoothies with fresh fruit and yoghurt, and freeze them for when required. (Our Sinchies reusable pouches are perfect for this!)
- Sandwiches: Choose your favourite bread and fillings and you’re good to go! Some ideas for sandwiches: Ham and cheese, chicken mayo, tuna mayo, leftover mince, sliced roast meat with tomato.
- Muffins, sweet or savoury. (Check out our article on savoury muffins)
- Muesli bars. Make your own so that you can keep control of your children’s sugar intake and cater for any allergies they may have
- Left over pizza. What child isn’t going to love pizza in their lunchbox?
- Meatballs. Another childhood favourite
- Date balls. There are many healthy recipes on the internet for you to try and they are full of goodness for your kids
- Sausage rolls
Do you have any ideas to add to the list? We’d love to hear about them.